It’s no secret that I am addicted to protein pancakes, and why shouldn’t I be? They are incredibly tasty, low in calories, high in fibre and protein and because they have a good balance of carbs, proteins and fats, they keep me full for hours. These are a great alternative to my Banana Bread Pancakes, which are another of my fave protein pancake creations.
They are also portable and taste great (even cold) the second – and even the third day, so they have become a staple in both my pre-competition and competition diet. My kids love them as well and never complain when I shove a few in their hands on their way out to catch the school bus.
For those macro counters or flex dieters out there, this recipe makes ten pancakes, and each pancake is 157 calories, 22 g of carbs, 11 g of protein and 2 grams of fat. I usually eat about two per meal, which gives me a nice 313 calorie meal with 45g carbs, 22g protein and 5g of fat. If you want a bit more fat, you can always spread some nut butter on top!
Apple Cinnamon Flapjacks
Serves: 10 Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 2 packs (or scoops) of fermented venilla vegan protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 tbsp flaxmeal
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Mix together all ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth.
- Heat ceramic pan over medium heat.
- Add about 1/4 cup of batter to the pan and then drop 7-8 raisins onto the pancake.
- Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface and the edges start to look dry, the flip over and cook another minute or until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool on a wire rack so the flapjack doesn’t get soggy.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and enjoy the fruits of your labor!
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegetarian, Nut-free