almonte fitness centre
We want to make sure our members and staff feel safe, comfortable and informed about what we are doing to meet, and exceed the provincial safety guidelines related to Covid-19. We have created new health and safety protocols to ensure controlled access, decrease unit occupancy, accommodate proper physical distancing, encourage protective behaviors, maintain proper communication, and enhance our cleaning, disinfecting and sanitization. Here’s what we’re doing, and what you need to know:
- Staffed hours have been reduced temporarily from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday – Friday and 8:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturday. 24-hour access is temporarily limited until new protocols are established to be functioning smoothly. During this time, AFC will have at least two staff members present when open. We are working on and testing a plan for extended hours and enabling the 24-hour access and will announce it shortly.
- Members are asked to pre-schedule their open gym time online. Each open gym slot starts every hour on the hour, and is 50 minutes long to allow for staff cleaning and disinfection between time slots. Walk-in appointments are also accepted, however, these will be based on availability as pre-booked appointments will have first consideration. Members will be asked to wait outside until staff assesses the current occupancy rate.
- The number of members allowed in our facility is 50 which we can easily accommodate while maintaining physical distancing. However, open gym slots will be maxed out at 45 to allow space for our staff and our trainers.
- All exercise equipment has been spaced 2 meters (6 feet) apart or blocked off to ensure proper physical distancing. Additionally, floor markers and directional arrows guide the flow of foot traffic.
- Indoor fitness classes have been temporarily restricted until we can safely resume them. In the meantime, we will be launching our outdoor and online fitness classes shortly.
- Personal training and nutrition services will be offered both in-person and virtually for members who are not yet ready to return to our physical facility.
- Our waiting rooms, shower facilities and locker rooms are temporarily closed to allow for proper physical distancing. We ask all of our members to arrive ready to workout, leave unnecessary items in the car of at home. We have moved a set of lockers into the front entryway for storage of valuables.
- Members are encouraged to complete their workout and exit without unnecessary delay.
Protective Behaviors and PPE
- Masks are required to be worn at all times in the facility except during exercise. We carry an inventory of surgical masks members may purchase.
- We ask that members take off their outdoor shoes and put on their gym shoes before entering the secondary doors of the facility. A new shoe rack has been built and is provided for this specific purpose.
- Members are asked to sanitize their hands before entering and prior to leaving the facility. Frequent hand washing and sanitizing is encouraged.
- All members should follow the directional floor markers and to maintain appropriate physical distance from members and staff.
- Members are provided with a personal spray bottle and microfiber cloth upon entry and asked to wipe down equipment before and after each use. Before exiting the facility, bottles and cloths should be dropped in the receptacles provided for disinfection.
- A new membership software system has been created that allows touchless check ins. All members will be provided with a FOB and access to our new app and online membership and booking system.
- Signs are posted at the front entrance to notify members and staff of AFC protocols and guidelines and to ensure they do not enter the facility without taking the self-screening questionnaire.
- Signs are also posted throughout the facility reinforcing the protective behaviors detailed above.
- All members will be placed on our members-only email list so that we can maintain proper communication with our membership base at all times.
- Staff and members will be provided with educational materials, training, reminders and reinforcement on proper cleaning, disinfection, hand washing, coughing and sneezing etiquette, social distancing, use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and other protective behaviors.
- An infectious disease response plan has been created. The response plan contains detailed protocols in the case that a member or employee is exposed to or tests positive for Covid-19. We will maintain open communication with all members and staff as the situation develops.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols have been implemented and additional disinfection and sanitization stations have been set up throughout the facility.
- All cleaning and disinfecting protocols are conducted in accordance with the provincial guidelines, national standards, and the Canadian Centre for Health and Safety standards and recommendations. All of the disinfectants and sanitizers we are using are on the Government of Canada list of disinfectants with evidence of use against Covid-19.
- Each member is provided with a spray bottle and microfiber cloth asked to disinfect fitness equipment before and after each use and the facility will be closed for the last 10 minutes of every hour to allow staff to complete a proper disinfection and cleaning of the facility.
- A rigorous cleaning of the entire facility will be conducted nightly after closing / before opening.
Please answer self-answer the following questions before you leave your home. If the response to any is “yes” you should not come to the facility!
- Have you had or do you have a cough?
- Have you had or do you have a fever?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these signs or symptoms within the past 14 days?
- Have you travelled anywhere outside of the Ottawa area in the last 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
These new policies/procedures are in place for everyone’s health and benefit. We ask that you please adhere to all of them to protect all of us!