My kids love these Chocolate Tahini Oats and ask for them almost every morning, especially in the fall when the cool weather hits and our bodies start to crave warm comfort foods. Luckily, although they taste really decadent, they’re made entirely out of whole, nutritious foods that you won’t feel guilty feeding your family (or yourself). Jazz it up with a little homemade granola for crunch, some nut butter for balance, some roasted, chopped nuts for texture and a drizzle of chocolate sauce and you are in heaven! With September well on it’s way and the cool fall weather right around the corner, this warm bowl of creamy, chocolatey oatmeal is sure to meet all your cravings!
Creamy Chocolate Tahini Oats
Serves: 3 Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 5 mins
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla cashew milk
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp protein nut butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp roasted pecan pieces
- 3 tbsp granola
- 1 banana, sliced
- optional: 3 tbsp chocolate sauce (just melt 3 tbsp of Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips with 1 tsp of coconut oil)
- Place the oats in a small saucepan.
- Add the water, casher milk and sea salt and bring to a boil.
- Bring to a boil. making sure to stir regularly so the oatmeal doesn’t burn, then turn down to low.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer, then stir in the cacao power, tahini, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon and continue to cook over low heat for another 5-6 minutes or until thick creamy.
- Remove from heat and divide into three bowls. Top each bowl with a tablespoon of nut butter, 1/2 pf chopped pecans, 1 tbsp of granola, 1/3 of the banana slices and drizzle with desired amount of chocolate sauce, if using.