I’m always trying to create healthy dessert recipes that are high in protein and low in sugar to satisfy my sweet tooth. This mug cake takes the cake (why, yes, I thought that was funny). It tastes just like a yogurt cake and yet is much lower in calories and sugar, and higher in protein (23 grams) that a traditional yogurt cake.
I also like that it only serves one, so you are not tempted to keep going back to the fridge to sneak another bite (hey, we’ve all done it). The other great thing about mug cakes is that they can be made in just a five short minutes and so work great as a healthy last-minute treat for the kiddos in the house.
High Protein Blueberry Yogurt Mug Cake
Serves: 1 Prep Time: 3 mins Cooking Time: 2 mins
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup wild blueberries
- In a large mug, mix together the first six ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in the coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
- Gently stir in the blueberries so the batter doesn’t discolour too much.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until the top is mostly firm to the touch.
- Remove and let sit for 2 minutes before eating or removing the muffin from the mug and slicing