This high protein oatmeal recipe is not only super simple and quick to prepare and makes for a great breakfast choice, but it also is a great pre or post workout snack. High in both carbs and protein, but low in fat, it provides your body with accessible fuel to properly prepare and recover from your workouts.
High Protein Oatmeal
Serves: 1 Prep Time: 5 mins
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 1/4 cups water
- cinnamon to taste
- Chocolate frosting:
- 1 full scoop vanilla protein powder (not just to the line)
- 1/3-1/2 cup water
- 1 – 1 1/4 tbsp cocoa powder
- optional – 1/2 tsp gingerbread cookie seasoning (could also use coconut sugar)
- more cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (or other berries)
- optional: 1-1 1/2 tbsp chocolate (or regular) granola
- In a soup bowl, combine the oats, water and cinnamon and microwave for approx. 2 minutes. Make sure to check on the oatmeal regularly as each microwave is different so the oatmeal doesn’t boil over.
- In the meantime, mix together the protein powder, cocoa powder, water, and optional spices in a glass until no lumps remain.
- Remove the oatmeal from the oven, pour the chocolate frosting on top and top with your favourite toppings. Serve immediately.