I got the idea for this recipe after seeing a gazillion instagram posts of incredible sounding and looking high protein nut spreads like Nuts n More or Buff Bake which taste incredible, but come at a high cost. So off to the kitchen I went, to try to create a homemade version that I could whip up anytime.
I finally came up with a creation that was delicious, creamy and had a good balance of macronutrients. With 119 calories, 4 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, and 5 g of carbs per serving, you won’t feel guilty adding a tablespoon to your morning oatmeal. Hint: try it with my Chocolate Tahini Oatmeal or my Blueberry Cobbler Oatmeal and try not to eat it by the spoonful!
Homemade Protein Nit Butter
Serves: 16 Prep Time: 5 mins
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 2 scoops Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins + natural vanilla
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients until well combined.
- Transfer to a mason jar, cover with a lid, and store in the pantry.