The salad below is an example of one of my favourite prep meals, because it doesn’t feel like you are dieting. As for how I make the roasted turkey breast, I actually buy mine pre-seasoned at Farmboy and simply follow cooking directions on the package. I actually buy most of my pre-seasoned meat there because it’s always fresh and contains only meat and spices.
As for the macronutrient breakdown for this recipe, it is 406 calories, 36g carbs, 18g fat, and 31g of protein, which is pretty awesome for a meal that is so satisfying and filling. So, I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I did!
Turkey Apple Walnut Kale Salad
Serves: 1 Prep Time: 5 mins
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 – 2 tbsp honey, to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, cubed
- 1/8 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp chopped and toasted walnuts
- 1/4 apple, cubed
- 4 ounces roasted turkey, sliced
- 3 tbsp Yogurt Dressing
- In a food processor mix together all the dressing ingredients until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Pour into a glass jar, cover and store in the fridge.
- To make the salad, place kale on the bottom of your salad bowl, add the avocado and massage the avocado into the kale with your hands. Top kale with remaining salad ingredients, then drizzle desired amount of dressing on top. Enjoy!